Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cupcake Bandits

Steve offered to stop by the grocery store on the way home from work yesterday. I was grateful, and asked for basics like milk, eggs, bread, and cheese. He came home with chocolate chip cookie dough, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Klondike Bars, Pop Tarts, and a dozen cupcakes from the Kroger bakery. As I awoke this morning to make a pot of coffee, I noticed three cupcakes were missing. I called Steve to investigate the matter:
Me: So, did you have cupcakes for breakfast?
Steve: Um, no...
Me: Well, three cupcakes are gone and the lid wasn't clicked shut.
Steve: Shut up!
Me: Um, no...the cupcakes had plastic footballs and #1 hands sticking out of them, and I found a couple of #1's in the living room. The cupcakes are sitting directly in front of the coffee maker, or else I wouldn't have noticed, because cupcakes are the last thing I'm thinking about at 7:00 in the morning.
Steve: Cupcakes are not the last thing you are thinking about.
Me: Fine, but today I wasn't thinking about cupcakes, but there they were.

Personally, I like Libby for the job. She's scrappy and has nothing to lose. Steve thinks Laney is the only one the the stealth and grace to take three cupcakes without taking the whole tray to the floor. Then again, maybe this was the work of a professional...

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I eat things like cookies, candy, cupcakes for breakfast like everyday....sometimes I go with normal breakfast foods like donuts or pop tarts (chocolate ones of course). :)

    ReplyDelete