Saturday, September 18, 2010

Beef is the New Black



Jeez, Lady Gaga, if you didn't want to participate in PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" ad campaign, why didn't you just say so?!
I've waited a few days to weigh in on Lady Gaga and her meat dress. I had to let it marinate  for a few days (ba-dum BUM!) She has to live her life in controversial and shocking costumes, and I'm sure at this point it's becoming a real challenge to outdo herself. I predict for the Grammys she'll wear a dress made out of umbilical cords. She'll say it's a metaphor about rebirth or some shit like that. This chick is strange and gross.

Further proof that she's a horse's ass who wears ridiculous clothes purely for the attention it garners:

"...it has many interpretations, but for me this evening, if we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones. And, I am not a piece of meat."

This is how she defended her fashion choice when talking to Ellen DeGeneres backstage after the VMAs. That makes no effing sense, which tells me there was no symbolism behind the choice. I don't even know what to say to that, so I'll quote The Soup's Joel McHale:

"It was very brave of her to stand up to nobody at all and demand unnamed rights that have not in any way been stripped from her, because they are imaginary."

This isn't even the first time she's dressed up as a butcher shop. Most fashionistas wouldn't be caught dead wearing the same outfit twice, but here she is on the cover of Vogue Hommes Japan:
Source: The Fame via DListed
She has the facial expression of a cadaver. Is this Vogue's idea of edgy, high fashion? I think she'd look better dressed up as a block of cheese. Wouldn't that make a splash? I think fewer people would be offended.

I'm sure Lady Gaga would insist on something custom made, this is just for inspiration. If she was determined to wear beef, I think beef jerky would have been a more whimsical, less controversial choice. Plus she wouldn't have to deal with the obvious problems that come with being covered in raw, rotting meat. Here's some jerky undies to get her started. "Brief Jerky" if you will.

Source: Etsy via  Neatorama

Other food-related fashion suggestions (you're welcome!) I'm only limited by my imagination :
  1. Cookie dough corset
  2. Banana peel romper
  3. Bread bra
  4. Ding Dong thong
  5. Hummus hairbow

1 comment:

  1. While I think her explanation was a bit poor, I think the statement might be on wearing fur. Gaga did once wear a Kermit the frog dress to make a similar splash.

    ReplyDelete