Monday, September 27, 2010

Bristol Palin Shows Us How It's Done

Regardless of your political leanings, there is one matter on which we can all agree: Bristol Palin is exquisite. I love everything about this picture. I don't care if this is just a carefully crafted look specifically for the premiere of Dancing with the Stars. Not every "Star" who undergoes their ballroom makeover comes out looking this sensational (see: Shannen Doherty, Heather Mills, Melissa Joan Hart). Bristol is an elegant flower.
As you can see, I don't need lessons in how to be glamorous. All it takes is false eyelashes, a spray tan and industrial strength hairspray. Where I could use a little help is in the pose department. Here is how I would normally stand for a photo:
Boring! Sidenote: Pay no attention to the smooshed boobies. Now, check out Bristol with her partner, Mark Ballas:
Why didn't I think of this sooner? Why don't we always pose this way? Ba-da-ba-ba-ba I'm lovin' it! To me, it exemplifies glamour and grace, while playfully suggesting just enough sass to captivate. Let's break it down and explore all the reasons this picture makes me want to re-shoot my wedding photos:
  1. By holding the left leg across her partner's body, it is elongates the leg, making her appear taller and thinner.
  2. Holding up the left leg gives her partner something to do with his right hand, instead of just letting his arm hang by his side.
  3. The lifted leg allows us to get a better look at her lovely footwear. I've always wished for a way to show off my shoes in photographs.
  4. By facing inward, she de-emphasizes her bustline, allowing her other assets the opportunity to shine.
  5. Two words: Booty Pop. 
  6. This angle best accentuates the calves.
Whoop whoop Bristol! Way to bring the foxy!

1 comment: