Saturday, May 1, 2010

29 Weeks

I made it to month 7! Baby has graduated from "eggplant" to "squash." This is so not the squash my dad used to grow in the backyard. I didn't even know this variety of squash existed, but whatever.  Apparantly squash takes many forms. I could not find this less interesting, so let's move on.

I'm fired up about this stage of pregnancy. A lot of baby preparation seemed ridiculously premature up until recently, so I'm happy to finally feel like I ought to be doing something to get ready for his arrival. At the same time, there are still enough weeks left so that I don't feel panicked or rushed. I can waddle along at a reasonable pace getting everything in order.

What does this month hold in store for our family?

Robinson: according to thebump.com, he's getting fat now (join the club) and is full of energy. The little niblet is either line dancing or shadow boxing right now. He has settled into sleep cycles. Our schedules don't conflict so much that he keeps me up at night, but I can report that when I woke this morning he was jumping all over the place like he had been wide awake for some time. Kid was on the move. Steve predicts that my not-a-morning-person quality will be passed on to him, but I don't think that's necessarily true. We shall see. Also, all five senses are up and running and his brain and nervous system are going through major developments. In other words, he needs to stay put a while longer.

Steve and me: Time to paint that nursery! The room is currently red, and so we have our work cut out for us with priming and whatnot. This month we will also attend a baby care class at the hospital and take a tour of the Labor and Delivery unit. As of May 11, Steve and I will be trained in infant CPR! That is something I am glad to learn about but hope I never have to do. Other than that, I have bi-weekly doctor appointments and daily walks with Amy and our dogs to work on our fitness and help George drop some poundage. He jumped on the couch all by himself last night for the first time in months! I was so proud of him, and pleased to see that the wagon he's draggin' doesn't weigh him down too much anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment