Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm Sorry to Say I've Been Expecting This

There's some old adage about bad things happening in three's.  Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson's deaths; Georgia Rule, I Know Who Killed Me, and Chapter 27 (those are Lindsay Lohan's last three theatrical releases for those aren't familiar with the [alleged] crackhead's filmography.) I happen to subscribe to that philosophy. It rings pretty true to my life. If I get a zit, I'll probably break a nail and fall down a flight of stairs in short succession. Rounding out the Bad Husband trifecta with Tiger Woods and Jesse James (Vanilla Gorilla) is...Matt Lauer. I don't wish doom on anybody, but I've watched the Today show every morning since I was in high school practically, and whenever there is a politician or celebrity cheating scandal and Matt Lauer has to report it, he always does so with an appropriate level of disgust and contempt, mixed with a degree of restraint. As if he doesn't want to throw that stone too hard while inside his glass house. The cleanup is a bitch. It's always been one of those "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..." for me.  Maybe nobody else noticed, but I have wondered aloud if Mr. Lauer gets some on the side. I hate being right about these sorts of things. Apparantly, Matt had a very nice time with the ladies while covering the Olympic Games in Vancouver. So much so, he extended his stay and stood up his wife of twelve years, Annette, on Valentine's Day. Oh no, he didn't! A fellow Today staffer threw him under the bus (presumably a jealous hater), and Annette is ready to quit him. You can read the full story here. Or, if you love living vicariously through the pain and suffering of others, you can pick up the latest issue of National Enquirer. They have three little kids, so this is especially sad. Take the money and run, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment