Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Insomniac Theater: SodaStream

While you were sleeping, I watched this infomercial for SodaStream. It's for people who are just sick and tired of purchasing, carrying, storing, drinking, and disposing of their current store-bought soda pop. SodaStream allows you to use your very own tap water and one of their 30 varieties of sodamix flavors. I may be suffering from insomnia, but that doesn't mean i don't aspire to catch another REM cycle, so I mainly listened with my eyes closed, wishing for sleep.
While I didn't catch this infomercial in it's entirety or give it my full attention, I noticed an absence of commentary on how delicious SodaStream sodas are. I bet it tastes like watered-down Triaminic. They mainly emphasized the convenience, affordability, simplicity, variety (creamsicle! root beer!), and my favorite selling point: environmental friendliness.  There were many remarks from SodaStream users, who seemed so grateful to be released from the shackles of having to purchase and store their soft drinks. I had no idea that 2-liters and fridge packs were such burdens. I'm serious, these people had a lot of pent-up resentment towards purchasing, storing, and disposing of soda cans. Sheesh.
Does Sally look burdened to you? Nope! She loves her Dr. Thunder!

I mainly saw mothers making the soda in the infomercial. How fun for mom. As if they don't have enough to do. I guess this could be a novelty item that's fun for kids...but it's no Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine. Realistically, the only people I could see using this product are the Duggars. They make their own laundry detergent for pete's sake.

1 comment:

  1. My mom really wants one so she can stop buying the fru fru carbonated water. I think it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete