Saturday, May 29, 2010

33 weeks

I'm 33 weeks pregnant! I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is exciting. Baby is the size of a honeydew melon now. One more fruit to go! I feel like I've been pregnant for over a year now. According to thebump.com, Robinson's senses are improving. He can recognize "simple" songs now...does that mean he was listening to Ludacris and Jay-Z this weekend when Steve was painting the nursery? Doc says he's about four pounds now. So he's got seven weeks to double in size. That's a tall order.

Amy and Angie are hosting a BBQ baby shower for Steve and me this weekend. I realize that last sentence makes it sound like we're gonna BBQ a baby, but I'm not going to revise. I'm super excited to see everybody. I've more or less been hibernating the past several weeks.

Let's see, what else...he's getting pretty powerful at this point and is actually capable of inflicting pain. Finding a comfortable sleep position is becoming a challenge. Nightly bathroom trips are increasing in frequency. I've read about and heard people saying how their dogs know that they're pregnant. Mine don't. Do they think I'm smuggling a watermelon under my t-shirt? They jump on me, sit on me, climb all over me. I hope they learn to respect the baby more than they respect the bump. And to that end, I am working with Libby on not jumping up on me. She's the mighty one.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully less than 7 weeks to go!!! Can't wait to see picks of the little guy. You must write a detailed as possible post about his birth! Well....maybe not THAT detailed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about I aim for a birth post that is "candid", but not so graphic that it makes your uterus buy a bus ticket out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this and laughed!!! I agree... about the feeling like you have been pregnant for a year. There are three dogs in my house now, and I don't think they have figured out the pregnant thing either, except it is a fun place for our giant dog to rest her head, and our small dog to climb on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, we've been reduced to jungle gyms. Are you beginning to overheat? It's so much worse than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete