Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Umm, That's What She Said...

Actually, that is what I said...like, a week ago. When I wrote about Joran Van der Sloot and his arrest for the murder of Stephany Flores, I suggested that BP use Joran to plug the oil well and explained that this would kill two birds with one stone.

Today, my Facebook news feed told me that two of my friends "Like" the page "Let's plug the BP oil leak with Joran Van Der Sloot". The description of the page: "KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE!" 31,500 people "Like" this. And counting.

I Google Chatted Jarred and was all like, "Hey, that's what I said!" and he responded: "31,000 people like your joke. Indirectly. I once made a joke that I don't like cocaine, I just like the way it smells. Turns out it's a Richard Pryor joke from the 80's. Repeats do happen*." Whatever, I know that I wrote the words before Facebook made a fan page out of it. I guess I should just be pleased that there are over 31,000 others who validate my feelings. One person wrote on the wall: "Absolutely brilliant." One could reason that they are actually saying, "Samantha, you are brilliant." And to that I say "Thank you. You are too kind."

Blogger's note: I have no idea what the kid was doing making a joke about cocaine. He couldn't tell an 8-ball of coke from a baggie of Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder, and everybody knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment