Thursday, August 26, 2010

Let My Love Open the (Dog) Door

I haven't published any posts related to my 101 Things list lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't accomplished anything in that time. Most notably, I have helped George lose weight and taught him how to use a doggy door. Neither of these tasks were simple. Above is a photo of us trying to coax George to come inside for a treat. He wants to so badly...if only he knew how to get back in the house!

There have been some changes in our household recently: George has gone to stay with my mom. George is a sweet boy, but he requires special care and I was concerned that his needs wouldn't be met while I'm so focused on caring for a newborn.

Having George is like having a "Forever Puppy".
For reasons which remain a mystery, it's as if his mind never developed past about four months of age. Just as I wouldn't adopt a puppy at this juncture, I can't devote the time to George that he deserves and needs.
Besides, staying at my mom's house must be like going to a Sandals Resort. She sprinkles the yummy canned food on top of his dry dog food, she walks him twice a day, and he gets to snuggle. What more could George want? We miss him, but hopefully he'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment