Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where Da Gold At?!

St. Patrick's Day is my 2nd favorite heritage-themed, beer-drinking holiday. Probably because I look great in green and my hair is red, so I pass for an Irish girl. Or maybe I am an Irish girl? I'm really out-of-touch with my own heritage, but that never stopped me from celebrating the heritage of others. I have to say, it really hasn't been the same for me since I graduated college...and got pregnant. Walking to Bodega after class and drinking green beer with my girlfriends before the St. Patrick's Day social was always sooo fun. It's position smack between Mardi Gras and Cinco de Mayo (my 1st favorite heritage-themed, beer-drinking holiday) makes it a highlight of the spring semester.

Since little Robinson requires me to put down my frosty mug this year, I need another way to remember this special day. So, for our entertainement, here's the news package from a few years back in Mobile, Alabama, when the local residents claimed to have spotted a REAL LIVE LEPRECHAUN! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment