Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Morning with my Boys

Is it nap time yet? I'm totally spent, and the fourth hour of Today with Kathie Lee and Hoda hasn't even started. Somebody save me!

Steve: [calling from work, duh] Where do you buy a Neti Pot?
Me: At the pharmacy or grocery store. You'll find it in the cold/allergy relief section.
Steve: How much do they cost?
Me: Umm...can't remember really. Not too much.
Steve: Like, $8? $10?
Me: That sounds about right.
[Steve repeats all of this to somebody. That person presumably leaves to buy a Neti Pot]

Steve: How's it going with Little Poot?
Me: Argh, I'm exhausted! He's not having it today. He's sobbing crying unless I'm singing, dancing, juggling, tossing him up in the air, tickling him. [Robinson begins to sob loudly] I'm about to throw a parade in his honor. Maybe that will make him happy.
Steve: Wha--
Me: [singing loudly to a crying Robinson and bouncing him on my lap to the beat] I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine, I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh oh oh, Do what you want but you're never gonna break me, Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me, oh, oh oh oh
Steve: Uh--
Me: [Rob is laughing hysterically] TAKE ME AWAY! A SECRET PLACE! A SWEET ESCAPE! TAKE ME AWAY! [breathless, to Steve] You wanna come take a shift?
Steve: NoI'mGoodHaveAGoodDayLoveYou [hangs up]





If you're wondering how I went from contemplating staging a one-woman production of Hello, Dolly! in my living room to entertain my fussy baby, to blogging about it five minutes later, it's because I tried giving him a change of scenery and carried him to our computer room and set him down on the floor. He's happily making shadow puppets and blowing spit bubbles and yelling just to hear the sound of his voice. That is all. Good day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment