Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Back! Maybe.

Woo Hoo! Happy New Year, y'all! You may have noticed a steep decline in my blogging activity--I atribute this to: 1) my head 2) my thighs 3) my computer. Not necessarily in that order.

I spent the first five days of 2011 in bed after being struck with, then recovering from, a series of migraines. Or cluster headaches. Or I have a brain tumor. I don't want to speculate. But I did go to WebMD and diagnose myself with a subarachnoid hemmorhage. "Samantha! I didn't know you were a hypochondriac!". I'm not a hypochondriac, you big silly. A hypochondriac would have submitted to about $8000 worth of diagnostic testing by now--MRIs, CT scans, angioplasty, spinal taps. I did none of that. I just declared "I have a subarachnoid hemmorhage!" and retreated to my bed. I'm feeling much better now.

The other roadblock standing between me and my blog was this damn computer. Despite my spending my last $70 on friggin McAfee virus protection (FAIL) my computer is riddled with so many viruses, spyware, malware, and trojan horses (I assume) that attempting to compose a blog entry is a lengthy, time-consuming affair. Posting photos? Fuggetaboutit. After threatining to smash the computer with a hammer (dramatic much?), Steve made a couple of calls and we have a new suped-up computer scheduled to arrive any day now. Happy days are here again!

The third obstacle preventing me from blogging is this big ass of mine. Robinson is nearly six months old, and I'm still forced to wear Raven-SymonĂ©'s old discarded big-girl clothes. If I'm sitting in front of a molasses-slow computer blogging about Lindsay Lohan's triumph over addiction ::sarcasm:: how exactly am I supposed to work on my fitness? Blogging is hardly aerobically effective (says Cher Horowitz).

In spite of all of that, here I am. So...what should I write about? I had so many ideas in the past month that now seem out-of-date, but I'll do my best to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment