Saturday, June 5, 2010

34 Weeks

I have 6 weeks to go! That feels so close, but so far away--and not just for myself. I've felt that way for all my friends who have travelled this path before me. When they were in the neighborhood of 34 weeks, physically, mentally and emotionally ready for the pregnancy to be over and knowing they have to wait six more weeks...it's like Groundhog Day. The actual holiday, not the movie. Remember being a kid and waiting for Puxatony Phil to come out and see his shadow (or not)? Whenever he did see his shadow, that meant six more weeks of winter, and we would all groan because we were so ready for spring. That's where I am right now.

Baby is growing by the day. I can go to sleep and wake up the next morning feeling noticeably larger and having more difficulty getting in and out of bed. I've read and heard that the pregnancy and baby dreams become more frequent and vivid towards the end, and they usually are bizarre--giving birth to an alien via a home c-section using a corkscrew. Weird stuff. I just dream about holding a baby. Whether sleeping or awake, I am noticing this overwhelming compulsion to want to hold a baby. I was just flipping through the latest Us Weekly, and saw pictures of Kourtney Kardashian with Scott Disick and baby Mason. Usually I'm just disgusted by the sight of that loser of a baby daddy, but this time I'm like, "Ooh, I want to hold the baby!" Has anybody else felt this intense baby fever? Or this contempt for Scott Disick?

In my dreams, my baby fever goes unchecked, so I can be a complete fool, running around, squeezing my baby while declaring my love for my baby. It's like the Looney Tunes cartoon with the Abominable Snowman who thinks Daffy Duck is his new pet bunny who he will name "George":

"I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him..."

No comments:

Post a Comment